Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
The website www.skipofny.org is made available by SKIP of New York (SKIP). The Terms and Conditions under which you may use this website are outlined below. By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use this website. SKIP may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
Use of Website Contents
The content on the SKIP website is owned, operated and administered by or licensed to SKIP of New York. The content is presented as a courtesy on an “as is” basis to be used only for informational purposes, and is not represented to be free or errors. The content, such as text, graphics, images, trademarks and other content are protected by the United States and international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws, and unless otherwise stated, are owned by SKIP. Unauthorized use of the contents may violate such laws. The website includes links to non-Skip information and references unaffiliated organizations. These links and references are provided as a courtesy and convenience to visitors only.
Privacy & Security Policy
SKIP is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit its website. Information we collect from you is used to improve the site, provide you with a better experience, respond to your questions and to process information requests, online donations and event registrations. The following information explains how SKIP collects, uses and safeguards your information. This Policy may be revised at any time.
Please note that this Policy applies only to the SKIP website. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link on the SKIP website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies. We suggest that you access these other website’s policies regarding their own data collection practices.
What Information is Collected
SKIP collects two types of information on our website:
- Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data — or totals of those visiting from a domain — not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
- Personal information provided by you. We collect email addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us. If you fill out a form or survey, register for an event, request information or make a donation, we may collect your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address.
Use of Personal Information
SKIP does not sell, trade, rent or share its website visitor’s personal information to other organizations. SKIP does not send out mailings on behalf of other organizations, unless the mailing concerns a joint project of SKIP. If you willingly provide us with your personal information, SKIP may use it in the following ways:
- Donations: When you make an online donation to us, the personal and financial information you provide is strictly limited to professional staff who need to process the data. No such data are given to any person, organization or group who does not need access to this data. SKIP uses an online payment processing service with security and strong reputation. Credit card numbers are used only for processing donations and payments and not for any other purpose. SKIP honors its donors with public recognition of their donation. Unless the donor explicitly chooses the “anonymous” field when donating online, staff and volunteers will assume the donation may be publicly announced.SKIP will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for the following purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donations
- Inform donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of SKIP
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies, as for example, 990 requirements
- Email Information Requests and Questions: When we respond to your email requests or questions, we may collect your email address and send you other information we think you will find valuable, such as SKIP email bulletins. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions below under Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List.
- SKIP Newsletter: When you sign up to receive the SKIP Newsletter, we collect your email address and we may also send you other information we think you will find valuable, such as SKIP email bulletins. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions below under Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List.
- Event Registration: SKIP offers online registration for its events, and we may collect your email address and send you other information we think you will find valuable, such as SKIP email bulletins. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions below under Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List
If you wish to be removed from our email/postal contact lists, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 318 West 39th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Phone: (212) 268-5999.
When you submit personal information to us on the website, the email communications may not be secure unless you are advised that security measures will be in place prior to you transmitting the information. For this reason, you should not send confidential or other sensitive personal information to SKIP through an unsecured email.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our website by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
SKIP uses IP addresses to help administer its website, analyze trends, track visitors’ movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
SKIP may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person.
By using the SKIP website, you consent to the collection and use of information as outlined above. If we decide to change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post such changes on this page so that you always have the opportunity to be aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose it. Changes posted to the Privacy & Security Policy become effective immediately.
Notification of Changes
SKIP will post any changes to its Privacy & Security Policy here on its website, and these changes will become effective when posted.
This Privacy & Security Policy is effective as of June 24, 2014.
If you have any questions about this Privacy & Security Policy, please contact us at by email at email@example.com. or at 318 West 39th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Phone: (212) 268-5999.